Robbie Blair dominates Showdown in Sarvertown Mike Pegher Jr. and Dave Hess Jr. Victorious
Sarver, PA (April 30, 2010) On a Chamber of Commerce Friday Night, a deep, talented field of Super Late Models rolled into Lernerville Speedway for the O’Reilly All Star Late Models Series Showdown in Sarvertown. Despite the loaded field, from time trials, through the heats and until the checkered flag waved, Robbie Blair owned the Showdown in Sarvertown! Mike Pegher Jr. won the DIRTcar Pro Late Model feature and Dave Hess Jr. won the UMP Modifieds feature.
Blair started the evening by clicking off the quickest lap during Time Trials with a time of 15.073 seconds, an amazing 1/1000th of a second off Darrell Lanigan’s track record of 15.072. He followed that up by leading the first heat race of the night from green to checkered.
By fan draw, Blair started sixth on the grid but came through the field quickly to take the lead on lap four after contact with Davey Johnson. Inaugural All Star 50 Feature Winner Boom Briggs led most of the middle of the race, but in the end it was Defending All Stars Champion Robbie Blair in Sheetz Victory Lane to claim his $5,000 winner’s share of the purse. Robbie’s daughter Niki Blair is the ASLMS Trophy Girl and proudly joined dad in Sheetz Victory Lane along with Ms. Lernerville Mandy Golec.
Dave Hess Jr. almost stole the win away from Blair in the closing laps, but showed his hand a bit too early and settled for second. Jason Covert ran a solid race to finish third. Boom Briggs led the most laps, but faded late to finish fourth. Jared Miley came from 12th to round out the top five. Blair, Briggs, Davey Johnson and Vic Coffey won their respective heat races.
Mark Moates Jr. and Ricky Meglaye led the field to the green in tonight’s DIRTcar Pro Late Model race. After a slow start, the action heated up with a three car battle for the lead between Mike Pegher Jr., Mike Blose, and Josh Holtgraver for last 15 laps of the 25-lap feature. Pegher was able to hold off Holtgraver and Blose to capture the win. Joe Martin and Butch Lambert made up the rest of the top five. Ricky Meglaye, Mike Pegher Jr. and Josh Holtgraver took the checkered flags in the heat races.
Dave Hess Jr. took advantage of a Dan Davies spin to claim victory in the UMP Modified feature and his second win of the 2010 season. Davies held the lead for the first five laps until a spin in front of the pack in turn four allowed Hess to capture the lead. Hess chose the high line after a few cautions, and held off Mike Knight for the final laps to roll into Sheetz Victory Lane for the second time this season. Hess previously won the Opening Night Feature in the DIRTcar Late Models. Rounding out the top five were Knight, Ron Davies, Carl McKinney, and Mike Eschnich. Heat winners were Dave Hess Jr. and Ron Davies.
O’ Reilly All Stars LMS Showdown in Sarvertown Feature: (50 Laps)
Heat Race Winners: Robbie Blair, Boom Briggs, Davey Johnson, Vic Coffey
- (W11) Robbie Blair, Centerville
- (44H) Dave Hess Jr., Waterford
- (43A) Jason Covert, York Haven
- (99B) Boom Briggs, Bear Lake
- (H1) Jared Miley, South Park
- (14B) Dick Barton, Asheville NY.
- (9K) Mike Knight, Ripley NY.
- (4) Alex Ferree, Saxonburg
- (37) Jared Hawkins, Fairmont WV.
- (22) Greg Oaks, Franklinville NY.
- (N07) Jason Dupont, Cyclone
- (1D) Dave Murdick, Slippery Rock
- (1C) Lynn Geisler, Cranberry Twp.
- (2V) Chad Valone, Warren
- (22S) Greg Satterlee, Rochester Mills
- (71R) Rod Conley, Wheelersburg OH.
- (46) Doug Horton, Uniontown
- (56) Denton Boyer, Punxsutawney
- (2J) Mike Johnson, Imperial
- (J4) John Garvin Jr., Sarver
- (21) Matt Lux, Franklin
- (32C) Vic Coffey, Caledonia NY.
- (17) Keith Barbara, South Park
- (1J) Davey Johnson, Latrobe
- (111) Brian Swartzlander, Leechburg
Fast Qualifier: Robbie Blair
B-Main Winners: Doug Horton, Dick Barton
DIRTcar Pro Late Models Feature: (25 Laps)
DNS: (42) Dave Airgood Jr., West Middlesex
- (1C) Mike Pegher Jr., Wexford
- (00) Josh Holtgraver, Pittsburgh
- (5B) Mike Blose, New Bethlehem
- (55) Joe Martin, Mayport
- (27) Butch Lambert, Mars
- (14*) Jim Frank, Jamestown NY.
- (33) Sean Puz, Springdale
- (5) Ricky Meglaye, Youngwood
- (17L) Dennis Lunger, Albion
- (10) Tyler Deitz, Saxonburg
- (26) Shawn Schaltenbrand, Natrona Heights
- (79) Tommy Dembowski, Monroeville
- (99G) Beau Glemba, Charleroi
- (51) Bill Stile Jr., Dunlevy
- (30) Bob Vogt, Springfield
- (C1) Ken Chernik, Green Twp.
- (72) Mike Anderson, Harmony
- (J19) Jason Fosnaught, Creighton
- (92) Jayme beck, Jeanette
- (2M) Mylan Markovich, Greensburg
- (23M) Mark Moates Jr., Hookstown
- (01) Chad Myers, Oil City
- (100) David Scott, Garland
- (84) Andrew Wylie, Saltsburg
Heat Race Winners: Ricky Meglaye, Mike Pegher Jr., Josh Holtgraver
UMP-Modified Feature: (25 Laps)
Heat Race Winners: Dave Hess Jr., Ron Davies
- (44) Dave Hess Jr., Waterford
- (222*) Mike Knight, Ripley NY.
- (4S) Ron Davies, Clymer NY.
- (6M) Carl McKinney, Mars
- (9E) Mike Eschnich, Mount Jewart
- (7) Shaun Scheerbaum, Evans City
- (222) Rich Gardner, Waterford
- (27L) Butch Lambert, Mars
- (71D) Dan Davies, Warren
- (4) Shane Crotty, Corry
- (12) Daryl Charlier, Midway
- (0K) Kari Gasser, Girard OH.
- (27H) Tom Hagberg, Warren
- (2GRS) Deana Groves, Morgantown WV.
- (5) Jonathon Taylor, Saltsburg
- (68) Tim Engles, Franklin
- (3) Rich Curry, Pittsburgh
- (22) Russ Dunn, Harmony
- (20) Jordan Eck, Corry
- (9) Clayton Kennedy, Mars
- (8BALL) Joe Betz, West Sunburry
Car Count Total: 85
O’Reilly All Star Late Models: 39
DIRTcar Pro Late Models: 25
UMP Modifieds: 21